The knight who descends into eternity ascends
After many years in the field of libraries and information …
The International Center for Libraries and Information Centers, headed by Professor Yasmin Ali Shaaban,
With deep sorrow and deep sorrow, the world is bound by Prof. Dr. Hishmat Kassem
Professor of Information Science – Cairo University, Faculty of Arts, Library, Documentation and Information Department.
Who passed away today, calling on God Almighty to embrace the mercy of his mercy, and to be patient and patient with his family and colleagues and students in the mihrab of science.
👈👈 It is known that Professor Hishmat Qassem may Allah have mercy on him has many contributions in the field of libraries
– PhD – Information Science, University of London – England, 1978.
– Master, Scientific Documentation, Department of Libraries and Documents, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, 1971.
– Bachelor of Arts – Library and Documentation Department, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University,
👈 Previous functions
– Director of the publishing center of Cairo University, 1990-1995.
– Assistant Professor – Information Science, Department of Libraries and Documents, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, 1984-1989.
– Director of National Book House – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 1984-1987.
– Library Expert – UAE University, 1981-1984.
– Instructor – Cairo University, Faculty of Arts, Information Science – Cairo, 1978.
– Member of the PhD mission – University of London – England, 1974-1978.
– Assistant Lecturer – Cairo University, Faculty of Arts, Libraries and Information – Cairo, 1971.
– Demonstrator – Cairo University, Faculty of Arts, Libraries and Information – Cairo, 1964.
👈 Professional experience
Editor-in-Chief: Arab Studies in Libraries and Information Science.
Member of Editorial Board: Education for Information
Visiting professor at many Arab universities.
Advisor to several Egyptian and Arab bodies.
Participated in many national, Arab and international conferences.
He has planned several training courses for libraries and information in Egypt and other Arab countries.
Participated in several training courses.
Participated in the development of many libraries and information centers in Egypt and other Arab countries.
He has supervised many university degrees.
Participated in the discussion of many of theses.
👈 Scientific production
National Information Infrastructure Initiatives / Editor Brian Kahn, Warren and Leson;
– Libraries in the framework of the National Information System .- Journal of the World of Information, Libraries and Publishing (under publication)
– Information … Anonymous – Al-Faisal (under publication)
– Scientific communication in the electronic environment. – King Fahad National Library Journal (under publication)
– Introduction to the study of indexing and extraction – Cairo: Dar Ghraib for publication and distribution, 2000 .- 300 p.
– Bertram C. Brooks and the Evolution of Information Science: and Modernism / Alexandra Shaw; Translation of Heshmat Kassem .- Arab Studies in Libraries and Information Science – Vol. 5, p. 1 (January 2000) – pp. 149-158.
– Techniques and Management in Library and Information Services / by Frederick and Alfred Lancaster, Sandor Broadcasting; Hishmat Kassem. Riyadh: King Abdul Aziz Public Library, 2000.
– Information Technology in Libraries and Networks / by Audrey Grouch; Translated by Hishmat Kassem .- Riyadh: King Abdulaziz Public Library, 1999.
– The Strategic Planning of Library and Information Services / Written by Shaila Korol; Translated by Heshmat Kassem .- Alexandria: Alexandria Center for Cultural Media and Libraries, 1998. 69- (ASILIB Booklets)
– Fundamentals of information retrieval (information retrieval systems) / P. And. Lancaster, A. C. (King Fahad National Library, 1997-454). (Publications of King Fahd Library: Series II; 29)
– On the annual conference of the American Society of Information Science (Chicago: 9-12 October 1995). – Arab studies in libraries and information science. – 1, p. 1 (January 1996) .- pp. 1616-183.
– The nature of the revisions, their origin and their usefulness. – Arab studies in libraries and information science – 3, p2 (May 1998) – pp. 9-33
– Cairo University Postgraduate Studies (Cairo: 1996), pp. 169-189.
– The Internet and the Future of Information Services – Arab Studies in Libraries and Information Science – 1, p. 2 (July 1996) – pp. 44-88.
– Regional cooperation between libraries and information facilities; Standard Europe as a model. – Arab Journal of Information. – Mg 16, p. 1 (1995) – pp. 110-125.
– Sociology and Information Science / authored by L. Watson [وخخ]; Translation of Hishmat Qasim.- In his book: Studies in Information Science. I. Cairo: Gharib House for Printing, Publishing and Distribution, 1995. Pp. 95-113.
– The Relation of Information Science to Social Sciences; Analysis of Linguistic Accompaniment / by Henry Samol; I. Cairo: Gharib House for Printing, Publishing and Distribution, 1995. Pp. 73-93.
– Educational information centers. – World of books. – Maj. 5, p. 2 (July 1986) .- pp. 337-350
– Some of the pillars of the Arab information system: preliminary ideas. – Recent trends in libraries and information. – M1, p2 (July 1994) – pp. 13-35
– Information and illiteracy of information in our contemporary society .- Modern trends in libraries and information – p 1 (January 1994)
– Graduate Studies in the Faculty of Arts – Cairo University: An Analytical Study of the Balance of Authorized and Registered Thesis / Hishmat Kassem, Hashem Farhat Sayed, Nasser Abdel-Rahman – Modern Trends in Libraries and Information – p. 2 (July 1994) – pp 160-180.
– Information systems based on computer and information networks in the Arab world. – In: A strategic seminar for documentation and information in the Arab world (Tunis, December 1993). – Tunis, Arab Organization for Education, Culture and Science, 1993.